Wednesday, August 30, 2006

anxiously awaiting

It's not that I'm a hurricane junkie or anything like that. But Ernesto is coming my way and I'm looking forward to it. Because of the rain. I can't remember the last rainy day we had.

There's something about hearing the rain pounding on the roof and knowing that I'm safe and dry that gives me a great feeling of contentment. I love hearing thunder rumble off in the distance and knowing that a storm is coming. I also enjoy rainy mornings, but only if I don't have to get up early.

And rainy Sunday afternoons. There's nothing like watching a football game on TV while it pours outside.

I guess I've just been missing the rain. It's not like I want it to rain every day. But I am looking forward to the next few days of rain. And hopefully some cooler weather.

1 comment:

Sonja Foust said...

I'm with you on that.

Also, I think thunderstorms are kind of sexy because they're dangerous, but you pretty much know you'll be safe. And that's why I like bad boy heroes too. They're dangerous, but you know the heroine will be safe. :-)