Thursday, January 04, 2007

Routines

iPod Don't Phunk With My Heart by Black Eyed Peas

I'm trying to get back into a routine. Work of course is the first priority. One think I realized is that I love to check my friends blogs every morning. But I'm bad about ignoring mine. So this is my first effort and trying to keep up with this everyday. Of course I might not have anything interesting to report but I'll try.

This morning I had every intention of going to the Y for a long needed workout. But I couldn't get my car out of the garage. Plus my living room was covered with sleeping college students. They all crashed at our house last night because we have a hot tub.

And as I picked my way across the bodies and threw wet towels into the hamper I realized that this is one of their last times of being so carefree. This group that has hung together since elementary school all graduate this year. They'll be getting jobs, moving away, getting married. I remember just four years ago when one girl hung onto my son and cried because they were all going to seperate colleges and she would miss him so much. Yet here they are, still together. A few have fallen out. but the core still stands strong. I hope ten years from now they remember the strength of their bond. Good friends are a blessing. And Old friends are a treasure.

No comments: