Monday, December 12, 2005

Tis the season to be jolly

Sitting here with a horrible cold that I've had since Friday. However I did not let that ruin my weekend.

On Friday we went to see The Chronicles of Narnia. It was a visually beautiful and breathtaking movie with a wonderful message for eveyone. It had been so long since I read the book that I felt as if I was visiting it all for the first time. The acting was terrific. I especially loved James McAvoy as Mister Tumnus. He has a wonderfully expressive face, inspite of the fake nose he was wearing. The lion was unbelievable. It's hard to imagine that it was entirely animated. The expression on its face was remarkable. And Peter was awesome as the caretaker of his family, and the kingdom.

Saturday I went to two Christmas parties. I forced myself to drive two hours for my writing chapters get together and was so glad I did. Plus alone car time is great for book plotting. Saturday night was our Sunday School class party and laughing as hard as you can for two straight hours is good for the soul. Plus I won a really cool squishy pillow and candy cane antlers in our dirty santa game. I am now officially Cindy Lou Who who is no more than two.

Sinday was church and then I crashed in front of the TV with my knitting and a Harry Potter marathon. Someimtes quiet time is good two.

Back to work today. Shopping counts as work, doesn't it?

No comments: